“ Early on, I knew I wanted to be in a profession in which I could use my head and at the same time do something to really help people. In dealing with the legal issues of financial problems, I found my niche. It’s an absorbing area which requires dealing with many different things. What counts most in a case is the final result. If we are to do our very best for a client, we have to see the big picture—be in it for the long haul.”
Andrè began his practice in 1981. Soon thereafter, he began focusing his attention on bankruptcy law. In fact, since 1985, Andrè has been working in the financial problem area almost exclusively.
In addition to his law practice, Andrè has served as a trustee of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Alabama since 1981. As a bankruptcy trustee, Andrè oversees and administers a substantial amount of cases. Andrè’s experience through his law firm and from serving as a trustee has allowed him to regularly work on a wide range of cases of all difficulties. The diversity of cases has allowed Andrè to become proficient at helping people with financial problems.
Andrè was raised in Birmingham. Although he has travelled extensively, he enjoys the pace of life in Birmingham and enjoys spending time with family and friends most of all. Andrè is also an avid sports fan; he still plays softball and is the long-time coach of the Legends in the Lawyers Softball League.
- University of Alabama School of Law, Juris Doctor, 1981
- Vanderbilt University, B.A., 1976
- Alabama, 1981
- United States Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit
- United States District, Northern District of Alabama
- United States District, Middle District of Alabama
- United States District, Southern District of Alabama
MEMBERSHIPS AND AFFILIATIONS
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees
- Alabama State Bar Association
- Birmingham Bar Association
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- AV® Preeminent Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in Alabama® 2013 in the fields of bankruptcy and creditor debtor rights/insolvency and reorganization law
- Numerous speaking engagements at seminars and Continuing Legal Education courses